The Dark Moon is the time within the moons cycle when it is not visible in the sky above us.
This is a time of transition, the completion of the waning moons cycle into the darkness moving towards its rebirth.
It is a time between life and death or more appropriate, death and rebirth.
A time within the shadows allowing you to also walk within the shadows, between the veils to connect with your ancestors and the gods.
It is a time to go within, to retreat from the world.
To uncover secrets that lie within ourselves, of delving into your shadow self to find what needs rebirthing.
It is a time that you can spend using your divination tools to obtain guidance from your Ancestors for support to move forward.
Here are some ways in which you can create your magick at the dark moon and deepen your connection with your ancestors.
* If you have a family recipe that has been passed down through the generations cook that meal for your family in honour of your ancestors and if not, simply cook one of your ancestors favourite meals in their honour, don't forget to leave a plate for them.
* Create an altar in honour of your ancestors.
* Burn some dark moon incense to prepare your space for divination.
* Use your Tarot or Oracle cards to obtain guidance from your ancestors.
* Make yourself a lovely cup of tea then divine the leaves left within the cup.
* Meditate asking for your ancestors to visit you to share their wisdom with you.
Be sure to write down the guidance you received from your ancestors so you do not forget and you may keep track of the guidance when planning your movements for your magick.
You may write those in a note book, your book of shadows or I also have worksheets available that will help and prompt you for your dark moon magick.
As always, I would love to hear about your experiences with your dark moon magick.
Tag be in your photos on Instagram & Facebook. #nikiwyld